Thursday, July 29, 2010

Craft Tool Wishlist!

These are the tools that I would love to have when I have my own crafty space!



1. Hot Marks Tool- I really want to try wood burning, and this seems to be the beginner tool most often recommended. The project that I most want to do when I get this tool is to wood burn a coffee table when we move into our next place. I think I want to see if Joel (a family friend) will refinish the table we have now and before the final varnish (That's the last thing right? Like the sealing part?)I'll burn a design around the edges on the table top.



2. The Cricut- What crafter doesn't want a Cricut? You can do anything (okay, maybe not anything) with this little machine! I see many beautiful cards coming out of the combination of this machine and me!



3. Gocco- This machine caught my eye while I was planning our wedding last year. This little screen printer can print onto pretty much anything. Unfortunately, Riso (the company who produced the Gocco) has stopped production on the Gocco machine. Bummer. So, odds are good that I'll have to try to find something similar from a different company, because the supplies are getting a little difficult to find for the Gocco (from what I can tell). One of the things that I considered doing for our wedding was screen-printing on the vintage handkerchiefs (we passed them out to all of our guests before the ceremony) our names and wedding date. Eventually I decided to not do so, simply because the technology was not easily accessible and it would have taken quite a bit of time and money that we just didn't have.



4.Light Box- These are amazing for tracing. And I do a LOT of tracing for my embroidery. This would make it so much easier to trace things onto fabric and to trace things flipped if I need to. I kind of think that I would like to build one of these into a table. I think it would be pretty easy to do. If I get a glass topped table I could attach two bright lights underneath and voila: awesome amazing light-box-ness!



5. Whiteboard- A HUGE ONE. I want somewhere that I can just kind of draw out my ideas in a way that's easy to modify. I just want to hang this up and be able to go to it as soon as I think of something I want to make.


I already got one of the things that used to be at the top of my craft tool dream list: My sewing machine! I know that I've mentioned it before, but I really love it. It's just right for all the things that I want to do with it. It brought me one step closer to my dream craft space :)

*** Oh,my, goodness. I just found something so cool! There's paint called "IdeaPaint" which is whiteboard paint! I could just paint the whiteboard right onto the wall! I already knew that they made chalkboard paint, but I had no idea that this existed!***

No comments:

Post a Comment