Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Inspiration!





I love this idea! The use of embroidery for this was a stroke of GENIUS! I'm definitely going to be doing this sometime as the headboard for our bed, but I think I'll do it a little differently.

For one, I think I would back it with plywood, and quilt batting (for a bit of softness). The plywood would keep it flat, since it would be stretched over it.

I may even try to do it in a color, or on a print. I think that might looks pretty cool.

This is going to take a while though, to make design decisions, and then just to make. After all, our bed is king sized, so it's going to have to be way bigger than the one here is (I estimate that the bed this was made for was a full).

I can't wait until we get to move into our next place, where I can do all the things that I imagine and more! I would start doing them all here, but we're going to move in a year (well, less than a year now)and what we have now is good.

Maybe some more inspiration later!

No comments:

Post a Comment