Tuesday, April 13, 2010

I went to the dentist...

and found out that I have to have a root canal.
Fun, no?

It all started, apparently, about a month ago. I was having some pain the lower back right corner of my mouth. I thought that it was because my wisdom tooth was coming through my gums (the tooth was indeed, but it was not the source of the pain), but it turns out it was a darned cavity hitting the nerve in the tooth. Then on Sunday night my tooth broke, which was strange (and weirdly not very painful) and I spent all yesterday morning calling dentists trying to find one that could see me. I found this one and made the appointment for this morning. It was a very nice dentist office, and that was really comforting for me. The dentist took a look in my mouth and poked around a little bit, then the dental assistant took a bunch of x-rays, the dentist then came back and told me what he was going to do. Luckily, the wisdom teeth are not going to be a problem, which is great. They offered to cut the gum off of the top so that they would come in easier, but I told them that that wouldn't be necessary, since apparently they haven't caused me any pain (all the pain was from the other tooth). They think that it will take three appointments to do all the things that they need to do in my mouth, and the first is the root canal this Friday.

Should be a day of fun for my mouth, a party in my mouth (if you will). Probably not a very fun party, but a party of dentist stuff indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment