Monday, May 10, 2010

I learned how to crochet!

It was a lot of fun, and definitely something that I am going to keep doing. The group of ladies from the church that I do it with are all really amazing. We're knitting and crocheting hats for newborns to donate to local hospitals.

After I learned how to do it I decided to make myself a bag. It turned out really well, especially considering that I just kind of made it up as I went along. I started another bag, and this yarn is self striping, so it's really cool. I'm almost finished with the base for this one, and then I'll work my way up and then do the strap. I also made a potholder, it's not perfect, but it's pretty good for day three of crocheting.

Nathan and I are trying to figure out a solution for where to put all my crafting stuff. I just don't have any place to put it, so it's hard for me to not have stuff out all the time. And my having stuff out all the time bugs Nathan, but he knows that I don't have anywhere to put it so he tries not to let it bother him... We think we're either going to get a three drawer rolling cart, or a couple of baskets to put under the coffee table. I think I'm leaning towards the baskets under the coffee table, because we aren't quite sure where we'd put the rolling cart.
I can't wait until I can have a bookshelf full of crafting stuff, and a desk to go with it!

Time to go work on my bag!

No comments:

Post a Comment