Monday, May 3, 2010

My Sewing Dream Team

I was showing Nathan yesterday something that I really want for all my sewing-ness, so I thought that I would post all the things that I want for it! I know it will take me quite some time to accumulate everything, but I think in the end it will totally be worth it!

1. Sewing Machine- Ideally I would like a smaller one, seeing as we have no where to put it, but a regular size one would be awesome too. And someday I will have somewhere to put a full size one (Hopefully!).

2. A Desk- Just for all my crafting and supplies. This would be amazing, and I'm sure Nathan would like it too, because then I won't have to take over the entire coffee table and couch when I'm doing stuff :)

3. Every color DMC embroidery floss- How cool would it be to have every color? I would ALWAYS have the color that I need for a project.

4. Sublime Stitching's Embroidery Scissors (pink)- These are, according to the blog-o-sphere, the best scissors for needlework. Plus, they're adorable and pink!

5. Desk Chair- A pretty white wood one, pretty please.

6. Jenny Harts' Books- Sublime Stitching and Embroidered Effects- They have such cool patterns in them, and they explain how to do all the different kinds of stitches.

7. Pincushion- I want to make myself a really cute one. This is completely doable, I just need to find the right pattern for maximum adorableness.

8. A Sewing Box- This would be for when my sewing would be toted along with me to various locations. I used to have my aunt's old one, but it broke about six years ago.

9. Fabric (A plethora)- While I'm dreaming away here I might as well wish for more fabric than I could ever know what to do with!

10. Shelves- This one is practical. I know all this stuff isn't going to fit on/in one desk, so I'll need some shelves to go with it all!

I feel like sewing is a hobby that I'm going to keep doing until I can't anymore, so maybe someday I'll actually have some of this stuff. I would love the sewing machine first, because I'd really like to try to make some clothes, dresses and such.

Okay, enough dreaming, back to the sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment