Friday, May 7, 2010

Inspired by Julie and Julia

I just finished "Julie and Julia" and I loved it! It was such a great read, and it was really involving.

It inspired me to try my hand at one of Julia Child's recipes. I made Lady Fingers!
And the verdict: they were awesome.
They were not quite as pretty as all the pictures you see of them, but darn they were tasty.And they were so simple to make. We ate them for dessert with fresh strawberries.

In the book she references a lot of recipes, and some of them sound so stinking good! Others, however, I will never be eating, let alone making. (This includes brains, and boiling live lobsters. I don't think I could ever boil a live lobster)

The book was so good that I finished it in about three days, and I only read about it for about an hour or so a day. I also got her next book to read! It's called "Cleaved" and if the first book is any indication then this one will be amazing too!

I think that I want to try a new (an maybe even complex) recipe at least once a month. I think it will be a lot of fun, and what can it hurt to try something new every month.

Cooking can be a lot of fun, the more I do it the more I like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment