Friday, August 20, 2010

Clothes, clothes, clothes!

I reorganized my clothes this morning, and it did take a while, but darn they look good now!

Before: stacks of clothes in cubbies, completely unorganized
Piles of clothes (that I decided not to wear after putting them on) not even folded anymore.
Clothes that I haven't worn in months, some almost a year!

A teacher of mine from college, Dr. Carl Winderl, has a policy: if he hasn't worn something in the past year then it gets donated. He used to wear things specifically to class on Wednesdays that he knew he wouldn't wear otherwise, but that he wanted to keep for sentimental reasons (like a kimono from Japan, shirts from the London terms,etc).

I think it's a really cool thing to do, and I'm considering adopting the same policy. There's a few things that I would definitely have to try to find some time to wear, but mostly just the fancy pants things.

I'll be thinking about it, and for now just getting rid of things when I feel like it. BlogBooster-The most productive way for mobile blogging. BlogBooster is a multi-service blog editor for iPhone, Android, WebOs and your desktop

No comments:

Post a Comment