Wednesday, August 4, 2010

London Calling...


The view from my window at our first residence in London, Lee Abbey


Two years ago, to the day, I was on the plane heading to London for four months of unbelievable wonderfulness. There's a new group of Londoner's arriving for the same trip that I took with Ronda and Carl Winderl.

I remember being so excited, and completely scared out of my mind, while I was on the plane. I had never been out of the country before (well, on the cruise to Mexico, but really, it's not comparable) and I had never been away from my family ad from Nathan for so long before.

When we got there, I didn't get culture shock, I thought it was wonderful and I adapted very quickly to the way of life there. I loved being able to hop onto the bus, or the tube, or just walk wherever I was wanting to go. We always saw at least one show a week, sometimes three or four.

If I could go back, I would, in a heartbeat. But, if I could take Nathan with me it would be a million times better than the last time, and that might be more happiness than one person could take ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment