Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Newlywed Wife's Jobless Life


Finding a job is not an easy task. When you have a degree in theatre you're not really qualified for anything.
I mean, sure, we can do customer service, but then really what was the point of going to college?
The only job that I have found thus far is at Macy's.

Yes, Macy's. Where they would make me work the day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, and the day after Christmas. Which would mean: "Dear family, I will never ever, ever see you all again because they make me work all the time that you have off."

So, until I absolutely have to have a job (we're talking we won't make rent have to), I am holding out for something that will actually make me happy.

In a perfect world there would magically be an opening in a theatre.
I take that back, in a perfect world I would be able to make money as an actor, actually acting.

For now, I'll take the community theatre production of "A Christmas Carol" and keep on waiting for that job to open up in a nearby theatre.
Who knows maybe "A Christmas Carol" will lead to something, I sure hope so, but at least I'll have fun doing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment