Sunday, February 7, 2010

Being Still

We talked about rest today in church, and it took me back to the verse (the pastor mentioned it also) Psalms 46:10 "Be still and know that I am God"

I have a really hard time being still. I like to know whats happening and how I can do something to further or hinder the situation (only hinder if it's something bad, of course!). It makes me crazy to not know what to do, or how to handle something. But, that's not my job. My job is to leave it up to God, and to go with my gut (could also be referred to as my conscience I suppose).

There used to be all kinds of crazy Sabbath rules, and I'm very glad that those no longer apply. One of them was that you couldn't walk in your garden on the Sabbath! I like my walks, they're very relaxing. They bring me... rest.

So, I'm going to keep working on being still, and leaving things up to God. 22 years down and oh so many more to go before I maybe have a chance at getting this right!

No comments:

Post a Comment