Thursday, February 25, 2010

Eating at The Table.

I did not grow up eating at the table. I'm sure that we did when I was really little, but as we got older (and busier) it stopped happening. Shoot, we were lucky if we all happened to be eating at the same time. Nathan, on the other hand always ate at the table with his family. (Okay, so maybe not always, but a darn lot of the time)
Recently we rearranged our apartment so we could make better use of our little bistro table for two.
And I found something out: I love eating at the table.
This is definitely something that I want to continue doing. Before we used to eat at the coffee table, or over by the desk (so we could watch shows online). We still watch shows during dinner, but it feels more like dinner now than it did before.

Sometimes I feel like a grown up. Eating at the table may be one of the things that makes me feel that way. ;)

In fact, it's almost time for me to go make dinner: pasta with olive oil, feta, and spinach (and chicken for Nathan). I wish that we still had tomato, but we ran out last night, darn it.

1 comment:

  1. I love eating at the table and all the conversations that happen because you are isolated, together around a mutually enjoyed meal.

    ReplyDelete