Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Dinner last night!

Was so great.

Nathan and I went to the farmer's market that they have in the downtown area every Tuesday night to walk around (and buy some honey sticks!) and try all the samples from the vendors. We were about to leave when Nathan noticed that the crepe vendor was giving our samples of their "Deluxe" crepe. So, of course, we headed over to try it out. It. Was. Fantastic. Nathan was about to buy one on the spot, but then we realized that we pretty much had everything here at home that we would need to make them, except for a few things and we were planning on hitting Trader Joe's before we went home anyway. So we walked over to Trader Joe's and bought the ingredients that we needed and hightailed it home (Nathan was pretty much running, it was quite funny how excited he was about the crepes).

As soon as we got home we got to work on the crepes. I whipped up the batter (which is super simple, and super yummy) and Nathan got to work on cutting veggies and grating cheese. Before we knew it we were eating the crepes.

This is what was in the crepes:
spinach
tomato chunks
feta cheese
cheddar cheese
lemon juice (except when I forgot it (: )

and I had added a little bit of garlic powder into the crepe batter which gave it a little bit of kick.

I think next time I want to add some onion in there too.

Ooh, another find at the farmer's market: Emily Post's Etiquette from 1969. I got it for free from the free book man! It's hysterical, there's a whole section on how to throw a double wedding, and how a wedding with 200 people should cost (at the top of the range) $4,000. It seems so crazy to me that people are spending the same amount of money for one day that I paid for a YEAR of college. $30,000 is just ridiculous for a wedding. Now, this doesn't mean that we only spent $4,000 for our wedding. I wish. If I could have I would have. But, I am glad that we didn't go over $9,000. And it was all paid for (because my parents [and Nathan's] are fantastic) with no one going into debt.

Time to go make chicken spinach salad for dinner tonight, and then off to church to sing for the Ash Wednesday service.

No comments:

Post a Comment